(Total: 0.00 h)
First snapshot of lua-5.4 has been made available in https://www.lua.org/work/ and the page states that "We are getting ready to release Lua 5.4.0, the next version of Lua."
Given how long it takes for us to release new major versions, I'd be inclined to try to get lua-5.4 to freeciv-3.0 already. Otherwise we would be releasing brand new major version (3.0) with lua-5.3 years after lua-5.4 has been released.
Any work on this should first be made to master only, though, and ported to S3_0 only when it works.
- Blocks Task #656466: S3_0 datafile format freeze (d3f) added
- Blocks Task #673656: S3_1 datafile format freeze (d3f) added
- Blocks deleted (Task #656466: S3_0 datafile format freeze (d3f))
- Target version changed from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0
Build with clang fails with this. I think lua-5.3 has been failing the same way, but since lua-5.3 is available in the systems I use, we have been using syslua instead of compiling it as part of freeciv.
- Update README.packaging
I plan to push this to master, for testing
- Assignee set to Marko Lindqvist
Attached S3_0 version of the patch in case we decide to backport this.
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom