civ2civ3: adapt game starting options to v2.6
- Adds one diplomat as starting unit, so you have an alternative if your explorer dies, or the option to create an early embassy.
- 6 AIs by default (was 12) and halved map size (set to tiles per player).
I did not use to like the terrains generated for such tiny maps, but I adjusted some other options that creates nice maps, I think more friendly for newbies.
- Temperature 60 to reduce the size of glacier poles. Flatpoles 0 so they do not always look the same. And property_ocean_depth of oceanic terrain adjusted so there are less coastal oceans (values copied from variant2 that I liked).
#1 Updated by David Fernandez (bard) 6 months ago
This was my last planned patch for S2_6.
I have made several other changes for v2.6 that I'm still testing and that I will release into the modpack civ2civ3_earth when ready, including:
- Animal nation (missing artwork).
- Strategic resources that can be traded and they reduce the effect of barracks/ports if missing (HP regen of units inside cities and veterancy level).
- Canal improvement from variant2 (missing artwork), and naval mines (new oceanic extra).
- Readjusted the units that can build or remove bases/improvements.
- Hospital needed to grow larger than 16, and extra defense against air/missiles for cities > 16.
- Culture increases the resistance against enemy agents and reduces chances of civil war.
Please, let me know if you want me to include some of those features in sandbox.
#2 Updated by David Fernandez (bard) 6 months ago
#3 Updated by Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik 6 months ago
- File 3.1_and_3.0-civ2civ3-adapt-game-starting-options-to-v2.6.patch View added
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik
- Target version set to 2.6.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
Version for 3.0 and 3.1 attached. I assume that the changes to revolentype and razechance were intentional even if I can't see them mentioned in your description. (Alert me if I'm wrong)
#4 Updated by David Fernandez (bard) 6 months ago
They were intended. I forgot to comment.
- The reduced razechance of 10% was used in some longturn games, and I liked it for multiplayer. But I'm not sure that it is really an improvement for single player. I see ok if you do not include it.
- The new revolentype is the one used in variant2, and my prefered one, but I admit I did not test it much.