HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
Help updates for gen-extras
Jacob Nevins <jtn>:
"Ruleset-specific handwritten help about extras that current lives in descriptions of units like Workers should move to extra helptext."
#13 Updated by Jacob Nevins almost 4 years ago
- File m-30-help-gen-extras.patch m-30-help-gen-extras.patch added
- File 26-help-gen-extras.patch 26-help-gen-extras.patch added
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Attached patch moves documentation from helpdata.txt to ruleset, and moves documentation within rulesets.
All rulesets' extras now have documentation (except Alien ruleset, which is still less complete than the others).
The onus is now on the ruleset to describe mining, irrigation (including adjacency etc requirements), free city centre irrigation, farmland, and pollution, if those concepts are relevant to the ruleset.Other changes:
- helpdata.txt mentions cleaning actions.
- Add missing extra descriptions.
- Add missing words about effect of technology on extras.
- Move descriptions of alterations out of worker unit help, and of fallout out of Nuclear unit help.
- Use quiet flag and extra handwritten text for better results in some places.
- Correct civ1/civ2 for replacement of fallout with pollution.
#14 Updated by Jacob Nevins almost 4 years ago
Looking at gna patch 5071 description, one loose end I already had is to make it clearer in extra helptext what order you must give to build each extra. I'll do that in a separate patch; but it's already clear from terrain help, and the distinction is mentioned in helpdata.txt.