HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
civ2civ3: agents survive actions to investigate city or establish embassy
This patch allows diplomats and explorers to stay alive after they perform the actions investigate city or establish embassy, as talked here: http://www.hostedredmine.com/issues/655676.
In the original helptexts it is not mentioned that the diplomat is killed by these actions, so I decided not to change the text.
I never liked to have to waste 30 shields to know the defenders of an ancient city, I think it encourages blind attacks that are more based on the knowledge of the enemy player (or the AI) than on the actual situation of the game.
About embassies, there are several reasons:
- If tech leakeage is enabled (and linked to embassies), I do not like how different is a game against few players compared to many players, when you need to build one diplomat per embassy. This reason affects the value of Marco Polo wonder too.
- Also, huge difference when players can receive the embassies for free from a treaty, compared to players that have to waste 30 shields per embassy.
- And I think it helps to AI that likes to create embassies with every player.
The alternative was to change tech leakage method, but I like it this way, where you have to visit some city of each player in order to reduce the cost of his known techs.
Patch for trunk (civ2civ3 and sandbox). This feature is not available in v2.6.
#1 Updated by Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik about 4 years ago
- File 0001-civ2civ3-non-consuming-inv.-city-and-est.-emb.patch added
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
Looks good. Please review the commit. (Created with git format patch -1)
I set the author field to what you use in civ2civ3_earth so you get the credit in systems that parse commit meta data. Let me know if you want me to change it (example: full name, different email address, etc).
I created a commit message based on your explanation here. (It was hard to make the first line 50 chars long) Please review that it is correct.
#4 Updated by Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik about 4 years ago
- File 3.0-civ2civ3-non-consuming-inv.-city-and-est.-emb.patch 3.0-civ2civ3-non-consuming-inv.-city-and-est.-emb.patch added
3.0 version (without white space adjustment for Is foreign -> Foreign)