HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
2.5.x convert_time not behaving as expected
Slightly unclear, I tried to add an "upgrade" conversion from Galleon to Frigate with convert_time = 3. That did not work as expected, the Galleons were converted in 1 instead of 3 turns (tested: 2.5.6).
#2 Updated by frank e almost 5 years ago
Yes, I'm talking about a conversion, convert_time 3 had no effect. The idea was to convert galleons to arguably better frigates, keeping "caravel obsoleted by galleon" as is (in classic, etc.). When that didn't work as expected I switched it to "caravel obsoleted by frigate" and a "downgrade" conversion frigate to galleon in one turn.
#4 Updated by Jacob Nevins over 4 years ago
- Subject changed from 25x convert_time to 2.5.x convert_time not behaving as expected
- Sprint/Milestone deleted (
Yes, from reading code I believe convert_time is in MP. If your Galleon has move_rate=4, you'd need convert_time=12 to make it take 3 turns; and furthermore, veterancy will reduce this if it has a power_fact (as the classic veteran system applying to Galleons does), slightly annoyingly.
#5 Updated by frank e over 4 years ago
Please check if that's correct, I haven't tested it, and I'm not sure about "rounded up" (apart from "convert_time 1 takes one turn no matter what the move rate is".)
Various "speed is multiplied by ACTIVITY_COUNT" comments in common/unit.c apparently should say ACTIVITY_FACTOR instead to get a factor 10 on both sides of the ACTIVITY_CONVERT case in server/unittools.c
#8 Updated by Marko Lindqvist almost 4 years ago
I'm no longer sure if the code should be changed, or current behavior documented better. Looking my original use-cases it seems current behavior is intentional.
Arguments for keeping current behavior:
1) Consistency with other activity time (in terrain.ruleset) definitions
2) Possibility to adjust the conversion time based on veterancy. Veteran "Cannon crew" can set up "Cannon" faster than regular.
#9 Updated by Marko Lindqvist almost 4 years ago
- File 0015-Improve-ruleset-comments-about-unit-convert_time.patch 0015-Improve-ruleset-comments-about-unit-convert_time.patch added
- File 0006-Improve-ruleset-comments-about-unit-convert_time.patch 0006-Improve-ruleset-comments-about-unit-convert_time.patch added
- File 0001-Improve-ruleset-comments-about-unit-convert_time.patch 0001-Improve-ruleset-comments-about-unit-convert_time.patch added
- Category changed from Server to Documentation
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Sprint/Milestone changed from 3.0.0 to 2.5.12
Attached patches go the route of improving documentation about current behavior.