HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
Gtk3/3.22 theme is not good with recent Gtk3
One in an endless series of Gtk3 theming bugs.This time, some builds are showing:
- giant handles for detaching panes
- tiny text
- I've not seen it with msys1 Gtk3 (3.8.2)
- I've not seen it on Linux with Gtk3 (3.10.8-0ubuntu1.6)
- cazfi has seen it on Linux with newer Gtk3 than that
- I've seen it with msys2 Gtk3 and Gtk3.22 clients (2.6.0-beta0+c8cad4d8dd; msys2 environment 170714; Gtk3 3.22.16)
I believe it's well-known that getting a single theme that works across all the Gtk3 versions that the Gtk3 client claims to support is hard-to-impossible.
cazfi: "One of the reasons gtk3.22-client was created is that its theme does not even try to be compatible with ancient gtk3."
That means we can fix this for the Gtk3.22 client, at least.
It's looking likely that this can be the supported (even preferred?) 2.6 Linux client. Windows will be at most Gtk3 until we move to msys2, but by the same token it will be old Gtk3.
So we can probably get this out of most users' way for 2.6.
#2 Updated by Jacob Nevins about 1 year ago
- Sprint/Milestone changed from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2
I recently reset all my Freeciv settings, and both these complaints are still true on Debian buster (which has gtk+ 3.24.5).
Particularly, the "tiny text" complaint applies specifically to the fonts which are Monospace by default. I had to increase these from point size 8/9 to 12/13 to look comfortable next to all the fonts which default to Sans, which look fine at 9/10, so I've left them there.