civ2civ3: Tribal +1 content, Federation +2 luxury
- Tribal gets 1 extra content per city instead of martial law. I think it fits better to reserve martial law effect for totalitarian govs.
- Federation gets 2 extra luxury per city instead of 3. Else AI likes it too much (and maybe humans too).
- Set Monarchy as better than Despotism for the AI, and Republic better than Tribal. Else, AI might get stuck on ancient govs with penalties to tile output.
- Switch empire size of Tribal (now 12) and Monarchy (now 14). Some people didn't like that more advanced gov has less empire size than ancient one, and I agree (specially if AI is forced to abandon the ancient one).
I'll include the hrm link in the comment of the patch this time, so I'll upload it in next post.
#2 Updated by David Fernandez (bard) 5 months ago
- File m-30-26-civ2civ3-Tribal-1-content-Federation-2-luxury.patch m-30-26-civ2civ3-Tribal-1-content-Federation-2-luxury.patch added
The patch seems compatible to master and S2_6, and includes changes to civ2civ3 and sandbox.
#4 Updated by David Fernandez (bard) 5 months ago
Tested an autogame on S2_6 with 12 AIs, cheating level, and they seem to use all governments.
At year 50 they were using Tribal and Despotism.
Around year 100 mainly Monarchy and Republic (with only a couple of nations under Tribal).
Around year 200 mostly Democracies and Federation, with some Fundamentalism.
At year 300 mostly Fundamentalism and Communism, with some Federation.
They were building spaceships when I left the game around turn 400.
Good enough to me. I think civ2civ3 is ready for 2.6 beta release.