Project

General

Profile

Bug #704711

overlays.spec has incompatible capabilities - segfault

Added by Christian Knoke about 1 year ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
gui-qt
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

~$ freeciv-qt --version
Freeciv Version 2.93.99-alpha (r35706) gui-qt

~$ freeciv-qt
1: "/usr/local/share/freeciv/misc/overlays.spec": spec file appears incompatible:
1: datafile options: +Freeciv-2.6-spec
1: supported options: +Freeciv-spec-Devel-2015-Mar-25
0: Specfile /usr/local/share/freeciv/misc/overlays.spec has incompatible capabilities
Speicherzugriffsfehler

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x0819b7b1 in show_tileset_error (
msg=0xbfb75630 "Specfile /usr/local/share/freeciv/misc/overlays.spec has incompatible capabilities") at dialogs.cpp:3176
3176 QMessageBox ask(gui()->central_wdg);
(gdb) bt
#0 0x0819b7b1 in show_tileset_error (
msg=0xbfb75630 "Specfile /usr/local/share/freeciv/misc/overlays.spec has incompatible capabilities") at dialogs.cpp:3176
#1 0x0814b7ff in tileset_error (level=LOG_FATAL,
format=0x822cad0 "Specfile %s has incompatible capabilities") at tilespec.c:593
#2 0x0815b289 in scan_specfile (duplicates_ok=false, sf=0x91a8b70, t=0xb1d6b008)
at tilespec.c:1513
#3 tileset_read_toplevel (tileset_name=0x9157de8 "alio", verbose=false, topology_id=-1,
scale=1) at tilespec.c:2387
#4 0x0815c8d3 in tilespec_try_read (tileset_name=0x829d208 <gui_options+5640> "trident",
verbose=false, topo_id=-1, global_default=true) at tilespec.c:1228
#5 0x080fc276 in client_main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=0xbfb762b4) at client_main.c:671
#6 0x08079e09 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfb762b4) at gui_main.cpp:112

History

#1 Updated by Anonymous about 1 year ago

Havent you forgot to do make install ?

#2 Updated by Christian Knoke about 1 year ago

᳇ Ϻ⚸Яℨ⚔ ᳇ wrote:

Havent you forgot to do make install ?

I have mixed versions of Freeciv installed, on Debian Jessie.

But I always do "make install" and start from $HOME.

~$ freeciv-gtk3 --version
Freeciv Version 2.6.0-beta1+ (Beta-Version) gui-gtk-3.0
~$ freeciv-gtk2 --version
Freeciv Version 2.93.99-alpha (r35706) gui-gtk-2.0
~$ freeciv-qt --version
Freeciv Version 2.93.99-alpha (r35706) gui-qt

~$ ls l /usr/local/share/freeciv/misc/overlays.spec
-rw-r--r-
1 root staff 453 Okt 12 22:37 /usr/local/share/freeciv/misc/overlays.spec

Christian

#3 Updated by Marko Lindqvist about 1 year ago

Christian Knoke wrote:

I have mixed versions of Freeciv installed, on Debian Jessie.

But I always do "make install" and start from $HOME.

Seems you have partly overwritten one installation with another (overlays.spec is installed no matter what client you are installing). You need to configure each build you want to install with different --prefix

#4 Updated by Christian Knoke about 1 year ago

Marko Lindqvist wrote:

Christian Knoke wrote:

I have mixed versions of Freeciv installed, on Debian Jessie.

But I always do "make install" and start from $HOME.

Seems you have partly overwritten one installation with another (overlays.spec is installed no matter what client you are installing). You need to configure each build you want to install with different --prefix

Absolutely possible.

Is that why the segfault occured?

Christian

#5 Updated by Marko Lindqvist about 1 year ago

Christian Knoke wrote:

Marko Lindqvist wrote:

Christian Knoke wrote:

I have mixed versions of Freeciv installed, on Debian Jessie.

But I always do "make install" and start from $HOME.

Seems you have partly overwritten one installation with another (overlays.spec is installed no matter what client you are installing). You need to configure each build you want to install with different --prefix

Absolutely possible.

Is that why the segfault occured?

That's why you should be getting an error message about incompatible overlays.spec (it's from different freeciv version than the client you are running). However, segfault while client wants to display that error message seems like a real bug (probably 'gui' is not set up yet at that point, but error message should go to console only).

#6 Updated by Anonymous about 1 year ago

#9 Updated by Christian Knoke about 1 year ago

Works in 2.6.0-beta1+

With a wrong version of overlays.spec file:

~$ freeciv-qt
1: "/usr/local/share/freeciv/misc/overlays.spec": spec file appears incompatible:
1: datafile options: +Freeciv-spec-Devel-2015-Mar-25
1: supported options: +Freeciv-2.6-spec
0: Specfile /usr/local/share/freeciv/misc/overlays.spec has incompatible capabilities

#10 Updated by Anonymous about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF