HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
Messages when making bombard attacks
When you make a bombard attack (currently only bomber it stealth bomber in standard rulesets) there is no message sent to attacker or defender.
There should be a simple one provided - no details on HP etc, to tie in with the messages for standard attacks.
#1 Updated by James Wilson over 3 years ago
Hi, this is my first (albeit small) contribution to Freeciv! (and any project other than documentation)
Thank you for the help on #freeciv, jtn and cazfi.
It adds notification for bombard attacks which was missing - please let me know if I've done anything wrong with the process or the style, although I've tried to follow the style of the surrounding code as much as possible.
#2 Updated by Marko Lindqvist over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
With maximum nitpicks, so you don't learn any bad habits from the beginning:
- TRANS comments lack ':'
> "TRANS: ..." Commit message should be in imperative: "Show messages..."
- Commit message should mention the hrm ticket, e.g., "See hrm Feature #734377"
- Doesn't apply to S2_6, apparently you need to make two patches; one for master & S3_0, one for S2_6
- Applying patch gives "trailing whitespace errors" from the last couple of lines
Can you fix these and submit a new version?
#7 Updated by James Wilson over 3 years ago
- File 0001-Master-Display-messages-when-bombarding-units-or-being-bomb.patch 0001-Master-Display-messages-when-bombarding-units-or-being-bomb.patch added
- File 0001-S2_6-Display-messages-when-bombarding-units-or-being.patch 0001-S2_6-Display-messages-when-bombarding-units-or-being.patch added
Hi - these patches should work now and have taken your feedback on board. In the S2_6 branch, trimming all the trailing whitespace from the file resulted in changes everywhere - so I've left this (my changes have no trailing whitespace though :-) )
Again, this is my first patch so if I've done it wrong, please let me know:)
#8 Updated by Marko Lindqvist over 3 years ago
James Wilson wrote:
trimming all the trailing whitespace from the file resulted in changes everywhere - so I've left this (my changes have no trailing whitespace though :-) )
Yes, the idea was only that whitspaces should be removed from the lines you touch or add. Git complains about those when you apply the patch file.
#14 Updated by Marko Lindqvist over 2 years ago
- File 0004-Display-messages-when-bombarding-units-or-being-bomb.patch 0004-Display-messages-when-bombarding-units-or-being-bomb.patch added
- File 0003-Display-messages-when-bombarding-units-or-being-bomb.patch 0003-Display-messages-when-bombarding-units-or-being-bomb.patch added
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee changed from James Wilson to Marko Lindqvist
- Fixed indentation in branches
- Updated S3_0/master patch to apply to HEAD
#16 Updated by James Wilson over 2 years ago
Hi - I'm really sorry but I haven't been able to make one and won't be able
to for the foreseeable future - combination of childcare, moving house and
Sorry - and thank you for the help!
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019, 19:42 HostedRedmine.com <firstname.lastname@example.org
Issue #734377 <http://www.hostedredmine.com/issues/734377#change-1739174>
has been updated by Marko Lindqvist.
Is there a new version of the patch coming?
Feature #734377: Messages when making bombard attacks
- *Author: *James Wilson
- *Status: *In Progress
- *Priority: *Low
- *Assignee: *James Wilson
- *Category: *Server
- *Target version: *2.6.1
When you make a bombard attack (currently only bomber it stealth bomber in
standard rulesets) there is no message sent to attacker or defender.
There should be a simple one provided - no details on HP etc, to tie in
with the messages for standard attacks.
You can reply to this email and it will be added to the issue log within a
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to
it, or are involved in it.
To change your notification preferences, please click here: