HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
Give notice of predictable game end (endturn, etc)
A friend was surprised when their single-player game suddenly ended due to the endturn setting; they weren't aware of it, and there was no notice.
It would be easy to add a message the turn before, referencing the 'endturn' setting. This would give players a chance to postpone it before the game actually ends.
While I'm there, spaceship victory is also somewhat predictable, although not entirely since it's year-based and the progression of years can vary.
(I have a mostly complete implementation of all of this already.)
#2 Updated by Jacob Nevins over 2 years ago
- File m-notify-endturn-spaceship.patch m-notify-endturn-spaceship.patch added
- File 30-notify-endturn-spaceship.patch 30-notify-endturn-spaceship.patch added
- File 26-notify-endturn-spaceship.patch 26-notify-endturn-spaceship.patch added
- File 26c2c3_timurid_spaceshiptest_multi.sav.bz2 26c2c3_timurid_spaceshiptest_multi.sav.bz2 added
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Also attached a savegame for exercising it; it has been hand-hacked to have two players with spaceships arriving at different points within the same year.