HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
Entertainers give half luxury in anarchy
In civ2civ3, the manual says that the taxerate is split in half in anarchy, one half does nothing at all, the other one goes to luxury, but it doesn't affect just trade but also the lux of entertainers which give 1 instead of 2 like if 100% taxes were actually given to luxury of which 50% goes to waste and somehow it affects the luxury of entertainers too. Scientists and taxmen give 2 as normal. It can be fixed by simply adding to the manual that in anarchy entertainers give only 1 lux but it really seems like a programming error since anarchy is somewhat made to avoid unhappiness, even easily making towns celebrate because of the 50% luxury taxe.
#1 Updated by David Fernandez (bard) over 2 years ago
In this case, it was implemented this way on purpose, so luxury under Anarchy works the same than science under Fundamentalism (entertainers and scientists included).Maybe we should rewrite the government help from:
- You have no control over tax rates. All the trade income goes to luxuries (with a penalty of -50%).
- You have no control over tax rates. All the trade income goes to luxuries.
- Reduces -50% the production of luxury in every city.
#7 Updated by Marko Lindqvist over 1 year ago
- File 0053-civ2civ3-sandbox-Clarify-luxury-rules-under-Anarchy-.patch 0053-civ2civ3-sandbox-Clarify-luxury-rules-under-Anarchy-.patch added
- Status changed from New to Resolved