HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
autogen.sh to work when 'python' is not available but 'python3' is
Debian based distributions are no longer installing python2 by default. It has been providing /usr/bin/python whereas python3 provides /usr/bin/python3. We should not require 'python' that is synonymous for python2, but should accept also python3.
#1 Updated by Marko Lindqvist over 1 year ago
- File 0006-autogen.sh-Check-for-python3-if-python-is-not-found.patch 0006-autogen.sh-Check-for-python3-if-python-is-not-found.patch added
- Status changed from New to Resolved
#2 Updated by Marko Lindqvist over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
Then again autogen.sh check is there to make sure our python scripts will run when needed, and despite the fact that the scripts are python2/python3 agnostic, their shebang is #!/bin/python so in a way we do depend on python2.
A proper solution probably won't happen before 2.6.2.
#3 Updated by Marko Lindqvist over 1 year ago
- File 0003-Switch-from-python-to-python3.patch 0003-Switch-from-python-to-python3.patch added
- File 0002-Switch-from-python-to-python3.patch 0002-Switch-from-python-to-python3.patch added
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Attached patches just require python3 in S3_0/master. There's no solution for S2_6 yet.