HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
Big stacks kill the connection
Simple repro case, confirmed in 2.6.2 but players mentioned it with 2.6.3 as well:
- Start a local game with 2+ players, default everything
- Add a big stack with the editor (100+ units)
- Add a second big stack next to it, owned by a different nation
- Client disconnects
There are two bugs:
- The server spams thousands of PLAYER_DIPL_STATE packets (maybe one for every unit pair, didn't check)
- These repeated packets compress very well (something like 150x). Client side, the default buffer of 80x the compressed data is insufficient, and the code fails to grow it because it does it on Z_DATA_ERROR and zlib returns Z_BUF_ERROR
This affects a running game with Corbeau's Simulation ruleset, where the AI creates big stacks of hundreds of units (the stacks are useless but the purpose of adding AIs in the first place was to have some dumb players to fight with). Moving a single unit next to such a stack can trigger the issue.
#1 Updated by Marko Lindqvist 6 months ago
- File 0008-Fix-increasing-of-the-packet-decompress-factor.patch 0008-Fix-increasing-of-the-packet-decompress-factor.patch added
- Status changed from New to Resolved