HostedRedmine.com has moved to the Planio platform. All logins and passwords remained the same. All users will be able to login and use Redmine just as before. Read more...
Abstract: The ActiveCMDB system is a distributed Configuration Management system which actively
explores networked devices for configuration items and changes. The system propagates the idea that
a device configuration is a containment model. This means that every configuration item is contained in
another. Like an interface is contained in a motherboard, which in itself is contained in a chassis.
ActiveCMDB is a “stable” system.
• No user must be able to crash the system.
• Users are assigned to roles.
• The roles give permissions to what a user can do/see
• No compatibly issues on the client side.
• No limits in the amount of objects to manage.
ActiveCMDB achieves High Availability through Distributed Storage and Processing
• Use distributed storage like Basho/Riak, MySQL multi-master
• Communication between processes is done via RabbitMQ
• Processing nodes determine themselves which is master node
• Supported network protocols:
o SNMP v1/2c/3
• Use MySQL as a data warehouse
• Device configurations and short term storage is done via Basho/Riak
• MySQL interface is accessible to many enterprise tools like IBM Tivoli
• External systems must be able to query the system
• Supported methods, but not limited to: SOAP
Modern User Interface
• Rich user interface
Also available in: Atom